Checklist to review prior to the meeting day
You can use this checklist to solve many of the video issues you might experience:
- Make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection.
- Use the Twilio Network Test to determine if your browser can successfully access the required Twilio resources: https://networktest.twilio.com/
- Check the strength of your network on the video call screen.
- Make sure that you are using a supported browser.
- We recommend Chrome or Firefox for the best experience.
- In Safari there may be an issue where some people may not hear sound.
- Participants could also go to preferences–>websites and change match.eventdex.com from “Stop Media with Sound” to “Allow All Auto-Play”
- Minimize the number of resources (i.e. close unused tabs and applications) on the computers/devices when using video.
- Move closer to your router.
- Confirm that your speakers and volume control both works.
- Test the sound and microphone by using another platform or application through your device.
- Confirm that your device can play video.
- We recommend testing this by watching a video on YouTube.
- Confirm that you’ve granted permission on your browser or app for both audio and video.
- Refresh the page on your browser on desktop or mobile.
- Restart the browser, or close the app and reopen.
- Try a different supported browser.
- Restart your computer or device.
Windows 10 Troubleshooting
Windows has its own privacy settings for microphones & cameras that are independent of the browser. By default in most cases, this is turned off.
There are two settings pages:
- Settings > Privacy > Microphone
- Settings > Privacy > Camera
Both pages have two toggles:
- Allow apps to use my microphone/camera (used for built-in Microsoft apps from their app store)
- Allow desktop apps to use my microphone/camera (used for things like browsers and zoom)
The second toggle can only be enabled if the first is enabled, so users will need to turn both toggles on in both places for their browser to be able to access their mic and camera.