Event registration software is a powerful weapon that professional planners have got today. It can help planners facilitate business innovation while creating a wow factor for their attendees. However, like events, there is no one size fits all in event registration software and you need to be careful while investing in this technology. With the right technology, you’ll be able to create better events while being more efficient and productive. It reduces the manual tasks often associated with event planning and makes you look more professional in front of your audience.
Whether you’re considering on-site event registration software on behalf of an association, non- profit, corporation, government agency or even a trade show, there are several factors you need to consider when selecting the right event registration Platform for your events. No matter which software provider you choose, there is no “best” software available. It all depends on what fits with your events and is aligned with your goals and operations. Let’s look at some of the benefits of an on-site event registration software and then help you select the right one for your events.
Event Registration Software Benefits
Here are our top 3 benefits of a modern event registration software
1. Increase Registrations
Event registration software has the ability to increase registrations with powerful marketing features. With social media platforms integration, you can make registered participants recommend your event on platforms like Facebook and Twitter. You can even create an event page on social media and ask people to promote it from their accounts. Create referral or early bird programs to incentivise ticket sale or registration, depending upon the type of event you are hosting.
2. Save Time and boost ROI
The adage, time is money has never been so appropriate than it is today. A modern event registration helps you automate manual tasks so that you can be more productive and efficient. With more time in the day, you can focus on important things like improving attendee experience and creating engaging events. This ultimately creates value for your events and helps you boost ROI.
Happy attendees will refer your event and your brand, and ultimately increase ROI of your future events. That is not all, with an on-site event registration platform, you will also save money on printing costs since the software allows you to create an event website, send electronic invites, and manage registrations. Even if there are last minute changes, you don’t have to worry about reprinting marketing collaterals since all the event content is available online.
3. Provide Better Reporting
Event ticketing software allows you to capture crucial event data that helps you better understand your events. With the tool, you can generate a lot of event-related data and host in one centralised place. This will help you gain valuable insights into your event and make changes accordingly. Advanced conference event registration system has the ability to show information such as the link between the ticket type purchased and attendee satisfaction, or which marketing channel got you the maximum registration. All these insights will help you further improve your events and soon make you an event superstar.
Now that you know the top 3 benefits of a modern event registration software, let us look at the top 3 things to consider while choosing the right event software.
Top 3 Things to Consider When Selecting Event Registration Software
1. Ease of use and after-sales support: one of the most critical things to consider is the ease of use of the software and after-sales support. Think about it this way, the registration you build should be easy for you to create and equally easy for your attendees to register. And like all technologies, sometimes you might need handholding to understand the technology and use it effectively. That is why you need to ensure that the provider you choose offers after-sales support to help you when you need it the most.
2. Quality over quantity: yes, don’t worry about the number of features you get with event registration software – you might not even need half of them. Always prioritise what you need and then select software. This way you won’t have to pay extra for additional features or complex software and still build a memorable event. In other words, it all depends on what you want and how you want to leverage the tool at your disposal.
3. Responsiveness: Select a software that is responsive and lets you create responsive even pages and invites. With almost everyone using a smartphone, having responsive designs is the need of the hour. It will help your attendees register for your event anytime and anywhere they want and offer a great registration experience.
3 Common Mistakes to Avoid
When Selecting Event Registration Software
1. Understanding integrations: understand all the integrations that come with your event registration software. Since as a planner you must be working on a CRM, you need to ensure that the software you choose integrates with it in order to avoid duplication of efforts or transferring of data manually from one system to another.
2. Underutilizing the software: make the most out of your investment by using the event registration software effectively. Learn all the capabilities of the software before you invest and make sure you maximise its use.
3. Choosing Based On Price: don’t choose the software based on its price. While it is okay to have price as one of the factors, making it the deciding factor can bite you and not provide the expected ROI. Saving a few hundred dollars is great, but it should not come at the cost of quality.
We hope that this article gave you some critical insights into everything you need to know about an event registration software. If you’d still like to know more on how event registration software can help, then contact us today or schedule a demo to see the software live in action!