Long registration lines and paper registrations forms are a thing of the past. Over years, technology has invaded the meetings and events industry and completely transformed the ways events are planned and managed. Event organisers worldwide are embracing online registration services for big and small events alike.
Online event registration not only increases efficiencies and eliminates mundane paperwork, but also boosts event participation and enhances marketing capabilities while allowing people to register at a convenient time. An online event registration system has myriad benefits for both event planner and attendees, and that is why we have listed top 10 ways how it can benefit you and your participants.
- Save time – an online event registration saves a ton of time of your participants since they can sign up whenever it is the most convenient for them. It saves them time spent on filling paper forms and then sending it back via mail.
- Get reminders – an online event registration system ensures you send reminder emails to keep them informed of the upcoming event. Once your participants register online, they will be automatically reminded of the event, eventually reducing the no-show rate.
- Secure and convenient payment – one of the major advantages of an online event registration software is that it accepts payment securely online. Attendees don’t have to fret about writing a cheque or counting cash at the registration line.
- Get confirmation receipt – Once your participants pay, they immediately receive an automated confirmation receipt instead of waiting for payment receipt confirmation, which can be easily misplaced!
- Get early bird pricing – early bird pricing is an advantage for both you and your participants. While it is a way to increase event attendance, it also incentivises and rewards participants to register by a specific date.
- Get discounts – event organisers have the flexibility to offer discounts with event registration software. It, like early bird pricing, is a great way to incentivise attendees to register for the event.
- Less waiting time – with an on-site event registration software, your participants can register on the day of the event. An on-site check-in app can register them and check them quickly into the event and wait less in long queues at the registration desk.
- Single and Multiple registrations – with online event registration software, participants can enter multiple events without filling the same fields over and over again. They can also register their entire team at once.
- Easy to create fundraising – event registration software has the ability to set up fundraising on the registration page to help participants set up their fundraising goals and distribute it to its entire network.
- Register for different sessions – participants can register for different sessions just by choosing from a list in the drop down section. An online registration system also allows participants to register for the multi-day event all in one go!
- Save time and money – automating manual processes of opening, entering and sorting out illegible forms can save time and help you focus on things that matter the most – attendee engagement! An online event registration software also saves you money by eliminating the cost of printing forms and brochures of the event.
- Reduce errors – an online registration helps you reduce human errors caused by manually entering information from one system to another. It makes you look professional and like a seasoned event planner.
- Secure online payment processing– most of the online event registration software providers like Eventdex are PCI compliant so that the registration fee is securely collected and processed.
- Centralised data management – online event registration software provides a centralised data management system where you can not only store participants personal information but also their payment, percentage of people registered, and other customised data.
- Improve event efficiency – the time and money saved on manual tasks can be utilised to plan better events, contact more sponsors, prepare more activities, etc.
- Customise online registration – a good online registration software will allow you to create customised registration page that reflects your branding and your event’s look and feel.
- Give detailed reporting – Online event registration software provides valuable insights with detailed reports and customisable dashboards. Get information like receive and due dates, when refunds are given, and the multi-event analysis in one page to efficiently manage a successful event
- Enhance marketing efforts – online event registration software can enhance your marketing efforts with capabilities like email, social media integration, etc. It also allows you to have vital information like open rates and click-to-opens of emails to help you analyze what is working and what is not.
- Increase Return on Investment (ROI) – saving time and money spent on printing event material is directly related to the bottom line of your event. That is not all an online event registration software does. Your event powered by this solution can increase ROI by boosting sponsorship opportunities and event attendance.
- Create online surveys – event registration software allows you to create surveys and get to know your registrants better. Build pre-event or post-event surveys to know what your participants would like to hear at the event or their favorite section of the event. Better still, do live polling to sense the mood of the audience.
Surveys help you create better events, increase participation and keep your attendees coming back for more year after year.
As you are evaluating online event registration software providers, make sure you select a partner that offers the above-mentioned benefits to you and your registrants.
Pro tip: Also focus on the security measures that the service provider you select has to offer. This is particularly crucial after tightening regulations related to data privacy such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Over to you now!